We hear so much about how crystals soothe, balance, and restore our energy levels. Understanding how crystals radiate a specific type of positive energy that influences and nourishes us in a certain way will inspire us to appreciate them more and to more effectively share their mystical qualities with customers.
Each crystal goes through a very long and adventurous journey. They are created from universal elements and vibrational energy forces. A crystal’s form and color is the external expression of its internal structure and journey. It is similar to how our own bodily features reflect our mind, emotions, and spirit.
Crystals begin as a compilation of certain minerals and natural chemical compounds. The minerals they contains have a particular molecular structure and magnetic energy that repels and attracts other minerals around it. According to its location, a crystal is subjected to different levels of temperatures and air pressure. In time, sometimes within thousands, millions, or billions of years, a crystal is formed. It will continue to grow under these conditions according to the amount of space it has surrounding it. The crystal acquires its own characteristics or personality through this long journey.
Sometimes crystals overlap and form into magnificent crystal clusters. Occasionally, a crystal will grow within a crystal, known as a ‘Manifesting Crystal’ or ‘Inner Child Crystal.” This takes thousands of years to form. Rare Manifesting Crystals empower us to manifest obstacles into opportunities.
Natural crystals have been used for their beauty and mystical influence for millions of years. Since early civilization, jewelry has been worn to convey a person’s stature or a personal sentiment. Now, in our highly competitive times, people are searching for something meaningful to express their individuality. In our high-tech world, we all feel the need to connect more with nature. The result is that a wider range of customers are becoming attracted to crystals and natural gems that hold the Earth’s positive energy.
To excel in business, independent retailers have to embrace the more eclectic fashion tastes of our rapidly changing society. Offering dynamic and meaningful crystals and gems that are inspired and created by the natural elements will fulfill customers emotional expectations, making them satisfied customers.
To keep up with the ever-changing times and price point demands of the market, it is important to offer plenty of ‘bread and butter’ pocket crystals. But to make a business stand out, and attract buyers who are able to afford more, it is essential to keep the integrity of some higher quality minerals, crystal specimens, and gemstone jewelry in the showcases. Remember that an eye-catching display with aesthetic appeal is irresistible. Look for quality, cut, color, brilliance, and sparkle in gemstones. The most sought-after meaningful jewelry has practical and versatile styles that will compliment any occasion. Store owners will gain their customers’ respect and loyalty by being knowledgeable about the impressive and powerful crystals they sell and knowing how to apply them with care for their clients’ needs.
Like crystals, each of us embodies a unique combination of nature’s five basic elements that form our nature or personality type. I have created a chart to show how the main seven chakra crystal gemstones affect and nourish our life’s energy force according to our individual elemental make up:
Amethyst • Crown Chakra • Enlightenment
- Ether/Air – Improves immune function, gives stamina
- Fire/Water – Calms the nervous system, quiets obsessions
- Water/Earth – Assists smooth transitions
Blue Topaz • Throat Chakra • Communication
- Ether/Air – Eases fears, encourages expression
- Fire/Water – Motivates listening abilities, offers sweet speech
- Water/Earth – Balances emotions, reduces bitterness
Iolite • Third Eye Chakra • Intuition
- Ether/Air Offers stability, inner wisdom
- Fire/Water Reduces anger, inspires creativity
- Water/Earth Enhances self-worth, encourages fluidity
Peridot • Heart Chakra • Kindness, Nurture, Love
- Ether/Air – Balances emotions, inspires introspection
- Fire/Water – Cools, soothes, nourishes
- Water/Earth – Increases productivity, encourages sharing
Citrine • Solar Plexus Chakra • Source of Energy
- Ether/Air – Offers assurance to make decisions
- Fire/Water – Increases creativity
- Water/Earth – Aids in focus and concentration
Carnelian • Sacral Chakra • Seat of Emotions/Digestion
- Ether/Air – Aids in assimilation, nourishes
- Fire/Water – Regulates, balances
- Water/Earth – Encourages enthusiasm, effortless movement
Garnet • Root Chakra • Security, Support, Connection
- Ether/Air – Offers courage, strength, sense of belonging (connecting)
- Fire/Water – Restrains the false ego, balances endurance
- Water/Earth – Source of vitality, enables letting go of the unwanted.