6 Quick Holiday Marketing Tips
The holidays are officially upon us, and whether you do it up big in your store or you take a more understated approach, people are on the hunt for the perfect gifts for their friends, family, co-workers, and pets. Are you ready to make this your best 4th quarter?
We’ve gathered a few holiday marketing tips to get the snow globe rolling, and for even more tips, check out "Making Spirits Bright."
- Make a special display of three to five small gifts that are perfect for last-minute gifting. To make it even more convenient for weary shoppers, have a few of each pre-wrapped so customers can purchase and go in a hurry.
- Create gifting category suggestion lists (gifts for co-workers, teachers, under $15, men, “techies,” handmade, etc.) that your staff can hand out to interested shoppers—or place by displays around the store.
- Offer refreshments. A hot pot of coffee from your favorite coffee shop and fresh cookies from your favorite local bakery can take the edge off of frazzled shoppers … and your employees, too!
- Once you help a customer with the gift mission that brought them into your store, don’t ask if she needs a gift for anyone else but who else she has on her gift list.
- Are you planning a special holiday open-house event? Invite the local artisans whose pieces you carry to be a part of it.
- Make a photo collage of your latest gift items and post it on social media. There are several free photo collage apps out there—give one a try! Or, set up a display of those items and snap a photo—no app needed!
© 2015 Continuity Publishing Inc. All rights reserved.